Friday, December 3, 2010

Grand Finale

Without paying much attention, it is almost the end of the semester. Still remember the first day having class, I thought: “Wow that guy is my teacher? He’s so young; doesn’t look like an English teacher”. Later it proved to be that young teacher does teach in a different, young way- from the topic chosen to the teaching style. The movie we were focusing on during the semester was The Big Lebowski, a cult classic movie. I do watch quite much cult movies, not in English, but in Chinese. I was frightened at the first two classes watching the film that I didn’t totally understand what they were talking about, and base on that, I thought how I could write papers about the thing I didn’t know. But yes, things just happened like that. I have written 4 papers about The Big Lebowski, about 22 pages in total. This is amazing! I think, the conferences were the ones that really helped a lot. Unlike giving lectures, they are more individualized and focused. Dr. Borman were really helpful in making my theme more solid and logical. The comments he turned back really got the point. They helped me look back at my paper in a more professional way and know what to improve for my future writing. For a wrap up, I wanna say thank you to Dr. Borman, you really make mission impossible to be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment