Friday, December 3, 2010

The Lebowski Studies

When I first learned that my English 106 course was based on "The Big Lebowski" I thought that this would be so boring and i was sure that i probably wouldn't pass this class. Well my thoughts were half true. The movie was funny but reading about the studies was boring maybe because I really did not understand what the writers of the "The Year of the Lebowski Studies" were writing about. They talked the most uninteresting parts of the movie. But my Professor being the smart intelligent man that he is, interpreted and discussed the essays to make it clear for me to understand. I was able to write papers about the big Lebowski and make pretty good grades. I couldn't believe that i was able to write a paper that made sense, because the movie didn't make sense to me at all. I am not saying that the movie was not funny because I did laugh at parts of it. I just had a hard time writing papers on it. Mr. Borman I think you've done an excellent job teaching this course and I have learned to not just watch a movie but pay close attention to everything that's going on and try to make sense of why producers added certain parts that really didn't fit in the movie. I enjoyed your class and the way you organized your lesson plan throughout the semester. I must say I learned alot and actually read more in this English class than my English class last semester. I actually liked having you as a professor and I will miss this class.

Channeka,

No comments:

Post a Comment