Monday, September 6, 2010

Appreciate Work


This summer I spend two months in a little house in the middle of the forest in Copenhagen, Denmark. After having been there for two weeks without internet, just relaxing, watching tv, going for walks, going to the beach etc., I was almost killing myself due to boredom. This was only after two weeks of not having any concrete activities to do. Watching ‘The Big Lebowski’ made me realize that there are actually people that live a whole life like that – unemployed, nothing worrying them, no commitments or the feeling of guilt from not doing anything a whole day. Even though we always complain about how stressed we are, how we have to do a million things before a certain date, how bored we are and this and that I’ve decided that I rather live like that than living like “the Dude”. Just after a couple of days of having nothing to do I go crazy, so my new goal is to stop complaining about stress or time and instead appreciate that I actually have things to do.

1 comment:

  1. If the Dude is unemployed, what does he do? Where does he find the kind of meaning that you might find in working?

    ReplyDelete