Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My city, my life

I went to Los Angeles for four days before school started. Beforehand, I had heard quite a few people described it as fantastic. I had a lot of imagination in my mind. The story changed after I came back. To me, it was a city only for travelling few days and that was it. Lately, when I thought back, I realized that I automatically considered Shanghai style (the city where I’m from, which is so much like New York) to be fantastic and refer that sense of modernization to Los Angeles instead of accepting its own style. I’ve met people in different countries who moved abroad to other cities with no regrets. Their eyes were so brightened and sincere when they said “I left my heart here”. I wonder if I can form a tight bond with a city other than Shanghai. Maybe I’ll meet someone and feel so belonged in another city, but so far, I guess what I wanna say is: I miss Shanghai, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment