Monday, September 27, 2010

Reality!?


While trying to figure out what I should write about in this second blog post, I decided to look up some information about the movie. I’m still undecided about what the point of this movie actually was, and therefore, of course, the first thing I looked at was Wikipedia.com. I went straight to read about the development of the movie, since I am very curious to know how the heck the Coen brothers came up with this plot and why. Looking at this, I didn’t get an answer to my curiosity, but I did find something else that I found interesting. From watching the movie, you’d think that the characters are “made up” and straight from imagination. Turns out that a couple of them (Maude, The Dude, Walter) are actually based on people that the Coen brothers knew, AND that some of the scenes are true stories that these people experienced. For example, the person they knew who represented the Dude lived in a dump just like him and had a rug that “tied the room together”. Another scene from the movie that has happened in real life is the one where they find the high school boy who stole the car because of a paper they found inside of the car. Who would have thought? To me some things in this movie are so out of the ordinary. But hey… I guess there are some that live this kind of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment