Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Class at starbucks.......


I am honestly out of ideas of what to write, so our dear teacher gave the idea to write about the benefits of having class at Starbucks, or in general, having class outside.
So now I’m sitting here thinking about possible benefits. To be quite honest… From a student point of view, I can only think of one reason that students would request having class outside. That reason would be that it wouldn’t feel like having real class. To me, having class outside kind of just reminds me of elementary school. In elementary school, a lot of my classes ended up taking place outside, especially science and art classes. According to Wikipedia, a person’s attention span is twenty minutes, and after that a person can choose to refocus on the same task if they wish to do so. And I can imagine elementary school children’s attention span might just be a bit shorter than that so I assume this might be a good reason as to why teachers decide to take breaks and/or have class outside. If I were ever to become a teacher, I think I’d definitely give students a five minute break after 30 min of teaching, and force them to go outside to get some fresh air and then continue the teaching after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment