Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Coen Brothers


Somehow the end of the semester is already here, and it is time for the final blog. I have no idea where the time went. For this blog I would like to discuss how this class made me realize how great the Coen brothers truly are. For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to watch all of the Coen brother’s movies. So far I have seen Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Barton Fink, No Country for Old Men, Burn After Reading, and of course The Big Lebowski. Together the Coen brothers have made a total of 18 titles, so I still have plenty of films to watch. I do not know if any of you have done this before, but when watching many movies from the same director in quick succession, many distinct signatures of the director can easily be seen. What separates the Coen brothers apart is their attention to detail. They care just as much about the atmosphere of the film as its story. This is true for all of the films I have seen so far and I expect it to hold true in the rest of the films. This attention to detail gives the films more of an artsy feel. It makes the film more like a piece of art then just another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment