Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the kid in the tshirt


Before Thursday's class as I was sitting on my bench outside of our lovely room in Dooley, a guy walked by me with a Big Lebowski T-shirt on. It read "Little Lebowski's Urban Achiever." At first I was shocked because until this English class I had never even heard of the movie, but then when I began to do research I realized how much paraphernalia you can purchase related to The Big Lebowski. You can buy t-shirts, sweatshirts, bowling uniforms, sunglasses, action figures and bobblehead dolls just to name a few. They have really accurate Halloween Costumes too... maybe I should've posted this yesterday.. It was crazy to me how many different products they make and continue to sell to customers even though the movie is from the 1990's. It started to remind me of the Napoleon Dynamite phase where everyone and their brother had a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt or something of the sort. The only difference is that 12 years later people are still purchasing/ wearing The Big Lebowski garb.. There are so many websites dedicated solely to The Big Lebowski as well. You can download wallpaper, screensavers and icons all relating to TBL. Now you can all imagine what the inside of my computer looks like. It may sound sad, however this made my respect for the movie increase by just a smidgen. It started to validate in my mind that this movie is actually well-known and there is a huge following behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment