Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Huh?


Ok, so the Coen brothers are true geniuses. Their range can go for miles in their films. From "Fargo" to "No Country for Old Men," their darker story lines have a unique Coen feel. So does their more feel good cult status ones, such as ours, "The Big Lebowski." I was just surprised that their work with Jeff Bridges specifically also has range. Jeff Bridges is indeed a talented actor when I think about it. He recently finally won himself an Oscar quite recently for a movie that I don't know much of but wasn't he the villain in "Iron Man"? He's also the protagonist anti-hero in this conventional Western remake that seems pretty worth seeing. Some of these roles may be forgettable I guess, but not the Dude. How does this relate to his royal Dudeness you might ask? That's the point, I'm not sure! I was just really shocked to see the Dude being a bad ass gun-slinging cowboy in a Coen work nonetheless. The theme song is also pretty cool. This just means, I guess, how much of a true cult classic the Big L really is. I can imagine "True Grit" making a smash in the box office and then that'll be that in the years to come, but the Dude, for better of for worse, has a destiny to stay in our hearts ever so subtly for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment