Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Okay last one for real this time...

So I guess we're supposed to write 5 blogs. Woops. Hah. Anyway, on with my REAL last blog...

I'd like to make this blog about my experience in this class and what it has done for me. David was joking today about how we wouldn't really need any of the knowledge we've attained from this glass (in terms of the film itself) but I think the film and our thorough examination of it has been extremely helpful and will continue to prove helpful. I've always thought that one is perceived as intelligent according to, not only how much knowledge you possess on academic topics but also how informed you are as far as pop culture goes. I think The Big Lebowski is a movie that most certainly defined a generation of men and women. The movie continues to inspire and spur a good atmosphere among friends with its comedic qualities as well as the fact that its a buddy film where friends can gather around, watch the film and quote away. Because of this class, the film has become a favorite and I make it a point to show all of my friends who have not had the pleasure of seeing it or taking this class. I think the movie is hilarious and I think everyone should see it. It's not what I expected and this course is certainly not what I expected it to be. I'm very happy with my performance in the class and have enjoyed writing papers on The Dude as a Rug, Failed masculinity in the film and Sarsaparilla. All of these topics are things I could have never explored if I had not seen the film or taken this class and I think I am more intellectual because of it all.

That rant ^ was extremely incoherent and probably hard to read but I really do stand by everything I've written on this blog and in this particular entry. I've had a great time being a part of this class and look forward to bragging to my friends about how I had an english class in college entitled: The Dude Abides.

No comments:

Post a Comment