Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Eulogy for Donny

Donny never had it fair. I did not get to know him well, but this injustice could clearly be seen by anyone who bothered to look. Unfortunately the luck he never had ran out, and Donny randomly died at the end of the movie. Because his death was so unexpected, it only seemed right that Donny got some reflection for the final blog. Donny was not a huge part of the movie, but I would like to take this time to paint a picture of some of my fondest memories of Donny. Donny, “Phone’s ringing, Dude.”, the Dude replies, “Thank you Donny”. Donny would always help a friend in need. Donny was also never afraid to ask a question. The Dude, “Fuck sympathy! I don’t need your fuckin’ sympathy, man, I need my fucking Johnson!”, and Donny answers, “What do you need that for, Dude?” Donny was always kind to his friends, but they, aka Walter, were not so nice in return. Donny, “He peed on the Dude’s rug.”, and Walter yelled in reply, ”Donny you’re out of your element!”. This is not how friends should treat each other and Walter’s treatment towards Donny only gets worse. I’m sure most of you remember this repeated line, “Shut the fuck up, Donny.” So what did Donny do to deserve this less then fair treatment? Unfortunately, I did not know him well enough to know. However, I know Donny was a good man, and on the other side is having a much better quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment