Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dorm Thanksgiving


Last year I ended up spending Thanksgiving in the dorms and I think that it might have been one of the single most sad events I’ve ever tried. You see everyone carry their bags out of the dorms to go to the airport. Campus is EMPTY, there is literally no one left – not even the dining hall is open. Knowing that everyone is going to see their family on one of the most cozy holidays doesn’t make it any better when your own family is too far to visit for such a short period of time.
A girl from my high school was in Miami to look at UM and went on a campus tour. Not only was it a rainy day but it was also during thanksgiving when there were NO life on campus. She hated it. I tried to tell her that it really wasn’t ever like that (I personally feel like I am on a spa resort when I walk around campus on a sunny day) but yeah… and of course she didn’t come here – they should not have campus tours during thanksgiving break.. that’s just bad business for UM. Just to not end this post as a depressed one, I DID end up going to a very nice thanksgiving dinner at my friends house and got to feel some family quality time so it ended up being all good.
:) Anyways, happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment